For Graduate Students
Summer Institute of Awesome
Short-term Volunteer Experiences
A facilitated group of inter-disciplinary grad students who volunteer with children & youth programs in Hamilton. Choose between 2-4hrs / week where you contribute to homework/mentoring or breakfast programs. We currently have 8 weekly groups that are in need of volunteers.
Personal Discovery Course for Graduate Students
A course on values, goals, and living fully engaged
Self-development series free from cost, stress, and research. Explore personal values: Who am I? What gives my life meaning? Where do I want to go? What do I want to get out of my life, look back and be glad that I did it? How can I make a difference? Create your own life mission statement. Course will include four 1.5 hour workshops with interactive group exercises, community support of other graduate students, Personal Discovery coach (at least one meeting with staff coach), and personal reflection exercises for every session.
Personal Discovery Course will explore the following questions:
- What are my values and principles which I wish to live by?
- How do I integrate these into my life and school?
- How do I care for myself?
- How can I keep a long-term perspective?
- How can money help or hinder me in my life mission?
- Session 1: What is success to me? (Tuesday, Feb 14, 5-6:30pm)
- Session 2: Values, Dreams and Self-Care (Tuesday, Feb 28, 5-6:30pm)
- Session 3: Create your Life Mission Statement; Financial Literacy and Values (Tuesday, March 14, 5-6:30pm)
- Session 4: Living your Personal Mission and Finding Support (Tuesday, March 28, 5-6:30pm)
To Register, fill out the form below:
Sponsored by McMaster School of Graduate Studies and Student Open Circles
A facilitated group of inter-disciplinary grad students who volunteer with children & youth programs in Hamilton. Choose between 2-4hrs/week where you contribute to homework/mentoring or breakfast programs